Omaha firefighters battled a fire in a vacant home early Monday in South Omaha.
No injuries were reported. The fire that was called in at 4:55 a.m. was out within 20 minutes.
Firefighters reported smoke as they approached the 1 1/2-story house near South 20th Street and Spring Lake Drive.
Early reports from firefighters indicated that the blaze may have begun in the basement of the home.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Sunday, firefighters encountered a single-family, single-story, ranch-style house fire in the Millard area that started in a clothes dryer.
No injuries were reported in the fire that began a little after 5 p.m.
The homeowner told firefighters that the dryer was on fire in a basement laundry room.
Firefighters found heavy smoke and a pile of smoldering clothes. Firefighters reported that a water line ruptured and appeared to have extinguished the fire.
The cause was apparently due to pillows in the dryer. The fire was ruled accidental.