* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Massive sequester cuts are scheduled to go into effect in March. To give you an idea how much money is at stake, they're equal to almost half of President Obama's greens fees.
* Tiger Woods said Obama could be a pretty good golfer with practice. Does Obama need this type of encouragement? Nobody wants to see the president fail to appear at the next G20 Summit because he's working on his short game.
* The snow will likely be so deep that gas station managers will be forming human chains to get inside the office to raise prices.
* "The Bachelor" is down to the final three. It is incredibly important who he chooses, because some of these relationships can last up to seven minutes.
* "The Bachelor" is down to the final three. Does it even matter? Most of these relationships last less time than it will take for the Academy Awards to air on Sunday.
* Curt Schilling told a radio interviewer that toward the end of his career, the Boston Red Sox encouraged him to use performance enhancers. Since it’s the Red Sox, "performance enhancers" could mean Old Milwaukee.
* The Red Sox organization will have no comment until after its annual "Dugout Kegger, Toga and Purple Passion Party."
* An eight-foot statue of the great Bob Gibson will be erected at Werner Park. It’s appropriate because Werner Park promotes a family atmosphere and Gibson would have brushed back his grandmother to win a game.
* U.S. track and field star Suzy Favor Hamilton led a secret life as an escort. That seems unnecessary. Just being part of U.S. track and field means she already had a secret life.
* Tennis star Novak Djokovic is opening an eatery featuring specialty cheese made from donkey milk. With concepts this brilliant, it’s hard to understand why most restaurants opened by former athletes don’t pan out.
* Pandemonium broke out when the Bakersfield Condors hockey team brought an actual condor into the arena, and it went crazy. I can only imagine one scenario worse -- if the Memphis Grizzlies did something similar.