* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* A Sioux Falls, S.D., woman received four speeding tickets in three hours while racing to Wisconsin for her granddaughter's middle school dance recital. The worst part was when she arrived five minutes late to her granddaughter wailing “You don't care!”
* The grandmother was ticketed for, at one point, driving 112 miles per hour. Normally you see people going that fast leaving middle school dance recitals.
* A California man was pulled over in Cass County, and police found almost 30 pounds of marijuana inside wrapped presents in his car. The state patrol got suspicious when they realized no man could be that into Valentine's Day.
* The inventor of the Etch A Sketch has died at age 86. His obituary appeared for three seconds and then disappeared.
* Sammy Sosa said he and Mark McGwire belong in the Hall of Fame. Based on the results of that last Hall of Fame vote, I think Lance Armstrong has a better shot at winning “Sportsman of the Year” and Manti Te'o of becoming a relationship expert.
* Nebraska and Iowa both want to keep the Heroes Game on the Friday after Thanksgiving. This works out great for Nebraskans. Playing a Kirk Ferentz-coached team the day after Thanksgiving ensures we always have something to be thankful for.
* New Colorado football coach Mike MacIntyre is described a “risk taker.” I don't think a Wallenda would take on a risk as great as being Colorado football coach.
* Probably the low light of the State of the Union occurred when Nebraska Sen. Deb Fischer sky-dived onto the roof of the Capitol wearing a red, white and blue cape to announce that she can't support Chuck Hagel's nomination, but wants to keep her decision low-key.
* Based on the amount of media coverage of the two events, Americans care about what the president said in his State of the Union ... just not as much as we care what attendees wore to the Grammys.
* When rapper Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez were presenting a Grammy to Adele, an imposter walked onstage, and Lopez had to shoo him away. How bad does this make Pitbull look when JLo is the hero?
* Actually, I understand JLo and the imposter are now engaged and getting married on Tuesday.