* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* The National Chicken Council reports that Americans ate 1.23 billion chicken wings on Super Bowl Sunday. That’s according to the National Chicken Council’s new number two -- Rick Sheehy.
* Americans ate 1.23 billion chicken wings. And yet, apparently we have no way of determining what the national debt will be in a year.
* Sen. Marco Rubio from Florida lashed out at the House of Representatives. This is a new level of embarrassment for the House -- a guy used to Florida politics thinks you’re idiots.
* A dog that a Tennessee man dropped off at the pound because he suspected it was “gay” has found a new home. Not only that, but it also sounds like the tea party found its next leader.
* Caltech, a school known for its brainy tech students, just broke a 228-game baseball losing streak. It’s been a good week for Caltech baseball. Its starting catcher was the guy who kissed Bar Refaeli in the Go Daddy Super Bowl commercial.
* Sylvester Stallone’s new movie did not perform well at the box office. In the spirit of the Super Bowl, Stallone announced instead of making original new movies with fresh plots, he’s going to focus on bringing “Rocky XLVII” to the big screen.
* On Sunday, Ravens’ quarterback Joe Flacco won the Super Bowl, won the MVP and learned his wife is expecting their child. Now I feel even worse that the highlight of my weekend was changing the light bulb in my garage.
* There was one ugly incident during the 34-minute blackout. A desperate Rex Ryan was caught trying to abscond with the Super Bowl trophy.
* Before the Super Bowl, Red Robin restaurants promised Colin Kaepernick free food for life if the 49ers won. Remember when the incentive for our football players was to win one for the Gipper?
* Actor Matthew McConaughey said he is sad and angry for friend Lance Armstrong. I can relate. I was sad and angry about spending $11 each to see Matthew McConaughey’s last three movies.
* Tuesday is National Pancake Day, with IHOP offering free stacks. For men, this is roughly 10,000 times a bigger holiday than Valentine's Day.
* There is a more graphic and intimate Bar Refaeli-kissing-the-nerdy-guy commercial available online. If it's much more graphic than the one that ran on CBS, it violates decency standards in approximately 47 states.
* An investigation into what caused the Super Bowl blackout is underway. I think there's at least a 30 percent chance this is somehow traced back to OPPD.
* Why did the power have to go out during the Super Bowl? Why couldn't it have gone out during World Cup qualifying or the sixth hour of NBC's Olympic Rhythmic Gymnastics coverage?