* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* It can't be confirmed that President Obama called the Baltimore Ravens locker room after the Super Bowl. However, we do know that former Nebraska Lt. Gov. Rick Sheehy did call the cheerleaders.
* On Groundhog Day, Sheehy saw his shadow – and it was a World-Herald reporter.
* Nebraska Lt. Gov. Rick Sheehy resigned after the World Herald learned he made about 2,300 calls to four women on a state-issued cellphone. A call to Sheehy on Saturday went unanswered. I'm just surprised the line wasn't busy.
* Rick Sheehy made 2,300 phone calls to women who were not his wife on a state-issued cellphone. There is no truth to rumors that Rep. Lee Terry told him, “There were so many, you should've gone with robocalls.”
* Sheehy is accused of violating the public trust. I think even after doing that he made another 2,250 calls.
* The Sheehy fiasco is probably the most embarrassing thing to happen in Nebraska politics in years. And remember, this is a state where the Legislature spent 10 months debating whether it's OK to eat horse meat.
* Sheehy made 2,300 calls to four women on a state-issued cellphone as he traveled the country. If the state has budget problems, it can safely be attributed to roaming charges.
* At 4 hours, 14 minutes, this was the longest Super Bowl in history. Two records were set. This was also the Super Bowl with the worst commercials ever.
* There was a 34-minute delay at the Super Bowl when the power went out right after halftime. It didn't have to happen. Beyonce was told not to plug in that 19th amplifier.
* Why did the power have to go out in the third quarter of this Super Bowl? Why couldn't it have gone out at a more appropriate time? Say, in the middle of Madonna's halftime show last year?
* Why couldn't the power have gone out during the Go Daddy ad where the supermodel was french kissing the nerd?
* The worst thing about the power outage? Shannon Sharpe's microphone still worked.
* A couple in Baltimore that met at a Super Bowl party 13 years ago finally tied the knot after agreeing to wait until the Ravens made it back to the Super Bowl. That's a happy story. You know who I feel sorry for? The engaged couple in their 80s who've been waiting 60 years for the Chicago Cubs to take the World Series.
* Brett Favre appeared on the NFL Network's 8 1/2 hour Super Bowl Day show. Favre has had comebacks that didn't last that long.
* A Baltimore Ravens cheerleader claims she had to sit out the Super Bowl for gaining “no more than 2 pounds.” Most people watching the Super Bowl gained more weight during the first commercial break.