* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Plans for the Crossroads redevelopment include a potential 45,000 square foot library. Aren't bookstores disappearing fast enough without making the Barnes & Noble at 72nd and Dodge compete with a place where books are free?
* According to a report, Paris Jackson wants to undergo a procedure to have her memories erased. If it was possible to undergo a procedure to have all my memories of the Jackson family erased, I'd certainly do it.
* A city in China has erected a statue of Psy, the guy who does “Gangnam Style.” It seems a little premature -- maybe the city should wait until Psy's second hit. Oh, wait, I see why they did it now.
* Charlie Sheen is going to be a grandfather. I can picture it now. “When I was your age, I used to walk 10 miles to a brothel. Nobody offered me a ride.”
* In the NFL Pro Bowl, the NFC routed the AFC 62-35. The MVP was the one guy still watching on TV at the end.
* There is a nationwide shortage of Buffalo wings. So I'm assuming the Super Bowl will be canceled.
* In Thailand, the annual "four-poster bed races" are underway. At least now ESPN will have something to air opposite the Super Bowl.
* The Cleveland Browns hired their sixth head coach since 1999. The Browns have created more jobs than Congress.
* Rex Ryan was involved in a minor 3-car accident after he ran a red light. The Jets organization is withholding comment until it can figure out how to make Tim Tebow the scapegoat.
* After sliding with his spikes up toward Ed Reed's groin in the AFC Championship, Tom Brady was fined $10,000. After the NFC Championship, 49ers running back Frank Gore was fined $10,500 because his socks were too low. I think we just found the worst system of priorities in modern history.
* It is reported that during taping of the ABC celebrity diving show, Ndamukong Suh jumped into the water to help save comedian Louise Anderson. OK, this is when the NU strength training program pays off -- you have to lift Louie Anderson.
* Suh helped save Louie Anderson. Then Suh accidentally ran Anderson over in the parking lot as he was driving away.