* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Manti Te'o has agreed to be interviewed by Katie Couric. Sarah Palin said, "Don't do it!"
* The U.S. Figure Skating Championships are under way in Omaha. You can tell we're new at this. On Sunday, a confused public works employee dumped sand all over the ice.
* Omahans don't quite understand figure skating. On Saturday, some mixed-up Omaha Lancer fans poured beer over the No. 3 pairs team.
* Altogether, something like 245 competitors are ... wait, that's the Omaha mayoral primary.
* At the figure skating championships, there's a “kiss and cry area.” We should keep this at the CenturyLink Center for when other Valley teams come here to play Creighton in basketball.
* It is cold in Omaha. The high temperatures in eastern Nebraska will be around 12 degrees Monday. It's so cold that Sen. Ernie Chambers wore his thermal T-shirt to work.
* Highs in eastern Nebraska on Monday afternoon were expected to be around 12 degrees. It's so cold that our state legislators have their hands inside their own pockets.
* On Monday night. an extremely rare event will occur when the moon and Jupiter appear to line up back-to-back. Oh, great. How much did the Obama administration pay to make this happen on Inauguration Day?
* An estimated 700,000 people gathered in Washington for the inauguration. At least thanks to the unemployment rate, a lot of them didn't have to take the day off work.
* The conjunction of Jupiter and the moon occurs every 13 years. Counting Nebraska just winning a Big Ten basketball game on the same day that the Creighton lost a Missouri Valley game, that's two events that occur only every 13 years.
* On Saturday, Nebraska won a Big Ten game and Creighton lost a Missouri Valley game. This is pretty much the basketball version of “Man Bites Dog.”
* There's less than two weeks until the Super Bowl, or, as I'm calling it, “Harbaugh Family Feud.”
* After losing in the AFC Championship game, Bill Belichick snubbed CBS. Instead, in a sign of the times, Belichick will be telling all in a two-part Oprah interview.
* Belichick refused to talk to CBS after the game. Considering how well Belichick takes losing, they're just lucky the CBS Eye isn't black.
* Manti Te'o now says that he can never trust again. It's unclear if that was him waxing on the fake Internet girlfriend scandal or a reference to the BCS ratings system.