Restaurants open on Christmas
A handful of Omaha restaurants will be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
· Crystal Jade, 7255 Cedar St., will be open Christmas Eve from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Rock Bottom, 1101 Harney St., will be open until 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve but closed on Christmas Day.
· Sapp Bros. Cafe, 9905 Sapp Bros. Drive, will be serving a Christmas Day buffet. The restaurant opens at 6 a.m.
· The Jaipur Indian Restaurant will be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The restaurant is at 10922 Elm St. and the phone number is 402-392-7331.
· Applebee's restaurants in the metro area will be open until 7 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
· Omaha Prime, in the Old Market, will serve dinner on Christmas Eve starting at 4 p.m.
· Cubby's Old Market Grocery will be open until 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Christmas Day.
· The Marylebone Tavern is open Christmas Eve starting at 4 p.m. and at 5 p.m. Christmas Day.
· The Boiler Room Restaurant is open Christmas Eve until 9 p.m. For more information or a reservation, call 402-916-9274.
· All four Big Red Restaurant and Sports Bar locations will be open until 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve and will reopen at 5 p.m. Christmas Day.
· Szechuan Express Chinese restaurant will be open Christmas Day. The restaurant is at 315 N. 114th St., two blocks south of Dodge.
· The Liberty Tavern at Hilton Omaha will be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for breakfast from 6 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; for lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and dinner from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling 402-998-4321.
· The Salty Dog Bar and Grill, at 2411 S. 24th St. in Council Bluffs, is open Christmas Eve until 2 a.m. The bar and grill opens Christmas Day at 4 p.m.
· All locations of China Buffet will be open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. On Christmas Day, the restaurant will serve crab legs all day.
Three-course meal on New Year's Eve
Le Voltaire is having two seatings and a prix fixe meal on New Year's Eve.
The three-course dinner for two is $130 and includes tax, tip and a bottle of wine. The first seating is at 6 p.m. and the second is at 8:30.
The dinner includes the choice of a pate trio, a cauliflower cheese gratin or a fish cake appetizer; a salad; a choice of chicken sauce supreme, served with a parsnip-mashed potato and vegetables; skate with a black butter caper sauce served with soft thyme polenta and vegetables; or beef tenderloin in compound butter served with a parsnip-mashed potato and vegetables for the entree; and a choice of a chocolate tart or a tarte tartin for dessert. Reservations are required; for more information, call 402-934-9374.
New Year's Eve at Dante
Dante Ristorante Pizzeria is celebrating New Year's Eve with a three-course prix fixe dinner that comes with a bottle of wine for $120 a couple, before tax and tip. People who reserve a table after 9 p.m. will get a complimentary glass of prosecco at midnight. Reservations are required, and to make one, visit dantepizzeria.com.
New Year's Eve at Hotel Deco, Zin Room
Hotel Deco and the Zin Room are having a New Year's Eve party beginning at 8 p.m.
The evening includes an open bar throughout the night, heavy hors d'oeuvres, live entertainment on two levels, dancing, a midnight champagne toast and a late-night buffet. The evening is $125 per person or $200 a couple, and packages are available that include valet parking and hotel rooms. For more information or to make a reservation, call 402-991-4981 or go to hoteldecoomaha.com.
Special menu at Cantina Laredo
Cantina Laredo has a special New Year's menu that will be served from Dec. 29 through Jan. 1.
The menu features cranberry salad with green apples and candied pecans, or pumpkin soup with cranberry-apple pico and roasted pumpkin seeds; entrees that include ribeye steak with sautéed mushrooms, mango halibut with mango-ginger salsa, or grilled pork chop with a spicy sweet cascabel pineapple glaze; and fresh berries with Don Julio Tequila cream or churros with chocolate raspberry sauce and Grand Mariner cajeta for dessert.
The dinner menu is $35 per person and for an additional $15, diners can pair each course with a cocktail. Drink options include a snowfall sangria, a pomegranate rosemary margarita and a champagne paloma to toast the new year.
The restaurant is open for lunch on Christmas Eve until 2 p.m. and open both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
Call 402-345-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
Headline goes here
Gusto Cuban Cafe is celebrating New Year's Eve with a special meal.
The prix fixe dinner will include three courses and a bottle of house wine for each table.
Menu choices include Lechon Caribeno, which is roasted pork in a special mojo sauce with Caribbean herbs, garlic and sauteed onion; chicken alfredo; tilapia filet; and a choice of congri, white rice, black beans or sweet plantains.
Guests will each get a glass of champagne to celebrate at midnight and dancing will continue until 1:30 a.m. with live music from DJ Chino.
The dinner is $69.99 per couple or $34.99 a person and runs from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Music begins at 9:30. Reservations are required; for more information, call 402-614-7800. The restaurant is at 7910 Harrison St.