* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* In light of the forecast, I'd like to remind the two people who understood the Omaha snow emergency parking policy in the first place to please not forget it.
* As you may know, Omaha has the only snow emergency policy in the world that confuses many NASA scientists and Mensa members.
* Mark Evans from the Andover, Kan., schools was named new OPS superintendent. It's been quite a year for Evans, with the new job coming on the heels of him winning the Steve Forbes Lookalike Contest.
* After the Ugly Sweater Run in Omaha on Sunday, a party was held at the Old Mattress Factory. I think an apology is in order for the father of three who had no idea the run even took place who was ushered into the party room while wearing his favorite sweater.
* Starbucks is offering a holiday gift card that costs $450. “Sorry, kids, all the college money is gone. I got Mom a Starbucks card for Christmas.”
* According to a poll, 12 percent of Americans think that the world will end on Friday. Here's a sobering thought: About the same percentage of Americans approve of Congress as think the world's about to end.
* A U.S. official described the missile North Korea tried to launch in April as a “dishwasher wrapped in tin foil.” After hearing this, local TV news stations throughout the U.S. said, “They stole the secret of our Doppler radar.”
* A UFO was spotted over Denver. Nice to see folks in Colorado taking advantage of the new recreational pot law.
* The monkey around running around an IKEA in Toronto in a stylish coat now has his own wildly popular Twitter feed. A support group has formed for young people who realize a monkey had 100 times as many Twitter followers than them, and a better sense of style.
* A monkey in a stylish coat was running amok at an IKEA in Toronto. It's a sad day when a monkey at IKEA is better dressed than shoppers at Walmart.
* The Los Angeles Clippers have won 10 games in a row. This is a much stronger sign the world is about to end than any Mayan calendar.
* During a loss to Portland, the Toronto Raptors set an NBA record by going 0 for 20 from 3-point range. When Toronto's Amir Johnson was ejected. he threw his mouthpiece at the referee. Unsurprisingly, he missed.
* The New Orleans Hornets are changing their nickname to Pelicans. Pelicans is a dumb nickname. And I live in a city where the minor league baseball team was nearly called Omahogs.