Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic School in South Omaha was evacuated Monday morning after a “slight gas odor was detected.''
Officials said all students, staff, administrators and teachers were evacuated about 9:35 a.m. over a possible natural gas leak.
Metropolitan Utilities District workers were called to assist Omaha Fire Department personnel at the school at 3619 X Street.
The students, staff members and others were evacuated to a nearby location to stay warm while the school was checked.
About 10:05 a.m., MUD workers reported that they had found no odor in their search of the school.