* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* There has been a schedule change. The Omaha Storm Chasers will be playing all 2013 home games in Tampa, Fla.
* Hillary Clinton is suffering from a stomach bug. The good news is, Bill doesn't spend enough time around her to worry about catching it.
* The honors continue to pour in. Days after Livability.com ranked Lincoln's downtown one of the top 10 in the country, now downtown Lincoln has also been declared one of the 15 best wilderness preserves in North America.
* On Sunday, Omaha hosts the Ugly Sweater Run. Thousands of people in unattractive sweaters are expected. It's sort of like the return line the day after Christmas at J.C. Penney.
* The owner of a southwest Omaha apartment complex has contracted with a company to test dog poo to see who's not picking it up. The company will create a database of residents' dog DNA. This is more advanced than a lot of European criminal justice systems.
* President Obama and John Boehner finally met face-to-face to discuss the fiscal cliff. The meeting was more cordial than expected. Only three sucker punches were thrown.
* On Monday, President Obama visited Detroit. Obama pledged to rush emergency disaster aide next time the Lions take a 10-point lead into the fourth quarter.
* While addressing the U.S. Senate, Sen. Harry Reid compared the Republican Party to the New York Jets. Which is pretty much the only thing the fiscal cliff debate has achieved – serving as bulletin board fodder for the Jets.
* Of course, the major difference between the Jets and the Republican Party is there's a better chance the Jets will come up with a workable fiscal cliff plan that President Obama can get behind.
* To discuss the fiscal cliff, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner was just interviewed by Candy Crowley. This gave us a chance to hear President Obama's viewpoint. And that was from Crowley.
* A youngster in Texas was sent home because he got the image of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel cut into his hair. My question: Where do kids find barbers capable of cutting these images of athletes? I'm lucky if my sideburns are even.
* Because it's Texas, the kid was sent home because the image in his head did not include Manziel's jersey number or any stats.
* Fireman Ed has resigned as the unofficial mascot of the New York Jets. However, the Jets already have a new unofficial mascot – Tim Tebow.