* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* OPS announced three finalists for the superintendent's job. Officials emphasize that the three finalists have the most desirable trait – no email accounts.
* After the National Christmas Tree was lit, Michelle Obama read a Christmas story. Whenever his name came up, instead of the Grinch she inserted the "Grover Norquist."
* MUD is raising water rates again. The money is needed to upgrade our constantly bursting water mains with a higher quality of Krazy Glue.
* MUD continually has to raise its rates. I guess it's appropriate that MUD spelled backward is DUM.
* According to a study, the items mentioned in “The 12 Days of Christmas” would cost $107,000 today. And then the worst part is you have to see the look of excruciating disappointment on your loved one's face when she realizes her gift is six geese a laying.
* A new painting depicts President Obama as Jesus. I had no idea CNN was even thinking of changing its logo.
* Florida socialite Jill Kelley is speaking out and denying that her friendship with former CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus was improper. She has two things going against her. Her title includes the words “socialite” and “Florida.”
* This week, a same-sex marriage law and a legalized marijuana law went into effect in Washington. Well, I guess we can rule out one place for the site of the 2016 GOP convention.
* Hewlett Packard CEO Meg Whitman blamed the company's poor performance on problems she inherited. Every time she says that, President Obama gets a royalty check.
* There are allegations that recent elections in Russia were rigged. I think there may be something to it. The new vice president of Russia is Rod Blagojevich.
* A Tour de France winner is OK after being hit by a car while riding his bike. It was easy treating him. Doctors pulled out some medication and he said, “Oh, I've got my own right here.”
* Cynics claim that Lolo Jones was just named to the U.S. Olympic bobsled team for publicity reasons. There may be something to that. Her bobsled teammates include Justin Timberlake and Honey Boo Boo.
* Former baseball star Lenny Dykstra was sentenced to 6 1/2 months in jail for fraud. Dykstra was given six months on the fraud charges and another two weeks for sliding headfirst into the courtroom.