* * *
* The White House asked the public to vote on which of the two White House turkeys — Cobbler or Gobbler — should be our national turkey. The results will be announced just as soon as the recount in Florida has been completed.
* I had a lot to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. For starters, I'm thankful that according to the Mayan calendar, the world won't end for over three weeks.
* There's a problem with turkeys being genetically engineered to enlarge their breasts. Their breasts are so large the turkeys can't run. The same thing is happening to wide receivers in the Lingerie League.
* I have a theory: It's not tryptophan that makes people sleepy on Thanksgiving, it's seeing that 103rd high school marching band in the Macy's parade.
* The movie “Lincoln” is doing very well at the box office. Sure it's popular. Many Americans under 35 have never seen a politician who's willing to compromise.
* Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein said that nobody on the committee saw CIA Director David Petraeus' affair coming. That's shocking. I mean, just the part about the Senate still being able staff an Intelligence Committee.