* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition.
* There's more fallout in the David Petraeus case. Now it's reported that socialite Jill Kelley was allowed to go skydiving with our top commandos. Good thing the perks stopped there. I'd hate to pick up the paper and read about a new "Socialite in Space" program.
* In Washington today, Petraeus was on the hot seat. Although this is nothing compared to the hot seat he'll be on Thursday when he sits down to that family Thanksgiving dinner.
* At his Omaha concert Thursday night, Bruce Springsteen talked to the crowd repeatedly, brought fans onstage to sing, brought a lady onstage to dance. Contrast that to Bob Dylan's Omaha concert last week when he looked up after 90 minutes and said, "There's an audience here?"
* In Oklahoma, a 3-year-old was given a $2,500 fine for urinating in his front yard. Sure, everyone knows you're not supposed to urinate in your front yard in Oklahoma. That's what back yards are for.
* You think this is stupid, if he's busted twice more, he can go away under Oklahoma's strict new “Three pees and you're out” law.
* He was fined $2,500. So far, he's $2,499.93 short of being able to pay that.
* CNN is getting a new logo. I believe it's a photo of Mitt Romney reading his concession speech.
* There's a problem with that new highway in Texas with the fastest-in-the-country speed limit of 85 mph - wild hogs crossing the road. Well, so much for the bacon shortage.
* In college basketball, Syracuse defeated San Diego State on the USS Midway. It's unusual to watch a sporting event with that much weaponry in the background and not have it be an Oakland Raiders game.
* The new Ralston arena can host three events simultaneously. Say, a hockey game, a volleyball match and a wedding reception. The big danger in bringing together hockey fans and wedding guests is that somebody punches out the Best Man.
* The NHL lockout looks like it may be nearing an end. Good news for hockey fans - you can stop brawling with the neighbors and pouring beer on your wife - the real thing is coming back.
* The opening game of the 2013 season pitting Nebraska against Southern Mississippi may be played at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City. Going in to this weekend, Southern Miss was 0-10. What better preparation for 2013 for Chiefs fans than to see a another team that can't win a game?