* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Capitol Avenue in Omaha was scheduled to reopen between 13th and 14th Streets on Thursday, just in time for the Bruce Springsteen concert. Man, that Obama is powerful.
* Thursday morning, thousands of United Airlines passengers were stranded due to a computer meltdown. The situation is so bad that they said they feel more like American Airlines passengers.
* A new drug is out that supposedly keeps men from straying. A quick note to women: If you have to inject your husband with a chemical every morning to keep him from cheating, there's a pretty good chance you're with the wrong man.
* MSNBC's Chris Matthews called global warming deniers “pigs,” and a South Carolina teacher was removed from her classroom for posting a sign reading “The road to hell is paved with Democrats.” Nice to see the end of the campaign season has brought everybody together.
* I saw an interview with Tammy Baldwin, our first openly gay member of the U.S. Senate. I'm just proud to live in an era where people of all races, creeds and sexual orientations have equal opportunity to mess things up in Washington.
* People magazine has named a new “Sexiest Man Alive.” Based on what I read in the news, the honor likely goes to Gen. David Petraeus.
* Here's my question: Is it really necessary for People to include the “alive” part?
* Taylor Swift and Conor Kennedy have broken up. Because the couple just broke up a week ago, she's only had time to release eight songs about what a dud he is.
* There may be spinoffs of the Honey Boo Boo show on the way. At that point it stops being a TV series and officially becomes a pandemic.
* The Backstreet Boys have reunited to record a Christmas song. So, a little competition this year for that dog barking “Jingle Bells.”
* Bo Pelini told a caller to his radio show that he's tired on the attention paid to his sideline demeanor. In response, ABC is rethinking plans for its new billion dollar “Bo cam.”
* After the Kansas City Chiefs scored on a returned fumble on Monday Night Football, the entire defense began gyrating in the end zone. You know what you call it when you see 11 NFL players dance? “Just about any night on Dancing with the Stars.”
* There is speculation that Jon Gruden may depart Monday Night Football to coach the Philadelphia Eagles. Gruden said that before leaving he wants to complete the one long paragraph he began speaking on MNF in 2009.