* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Reportedly, some USC boosters want coach Lane Kiffin to fire his dad, Monte, who is defensive coordinator. Like a lot of these discussions, it would probably begin with the head coach saying: "You and I go back a long way."
* Candidates for local offices in Florida and Alabama won their elections despite dying several weeks ago. This is when you know your political future isn't bright – you lose to a dead guy.
* Chris Christie is being criticized for emailing his condolences to Mitt Romney on Election Night. You think that was tacky – Christie's second choice was a singing telegram.
* Now that the election is over, President Obama announced the first move of his second term. He's going to enact sanctions against the Des Moines Register.
* It's reported that President Obama gave Jay-Z parenting advice. The G-20 nations who received economic advice from Obama told Jay-Z, “You got off lucky.”
* Maricopa County, Ariz., sheriff Joe Arpaio won re-election. Today he arrested everybody that voted against him.
* In Maine, a man who is neither a Democrat or a Republican was elected to U.S. Senate. I'm glad that worked out better for him than it did for Mitt Romney.
* It is now reported that last August, a group of U.S. House Republicans on a fact-finding trip to Israel were reprimanded for a late-night swim that involved nudity and drinking. One of them called it stupid and spontaneous. OK, the stupid part I get, but since when are our members of Congress spontaneous?
* Anderson Cooper's daytime talk show has been canceled. I realized the writing was probably on the wall that day “The View” interviewed Tom Hanks,“Live! With Kelly and Michael” had Michelle Obama and Anderson Cooper featured a guy from the Ukraine who can touch his tongue to his nose.
* Pippa Middleton has written a new book on party planning. This is for readers who found Levi Johnston's memoir too cerebral.
* Reportedly, Federal Reserve chief Ben Bernanke may be preparing to retire. There's something about picturing Bernanke trying to live off .004 percent interest on a one-year CD that makes me feel warm all over.
* Los Angeles Dodgers reliever Todd Coffey quit Twitter because President Obama won re-election. If it gets one athlete off of Twitter, the election is already with it.
* People are encouraged to check on their elderly neighbors because of that big nor'-easter. So if you live near a member of the New York Knicks, please take a moment to look in on them.
* During the Dolphins-Colts game, a referee cursed into his microphone. Great. The one time a referee's mic works and this is the result.