* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Democrats were ecstatic that Barack Obama was elected president for another four years. Their excitement was dampened slightly after realizing this means Joe Biden is vice president for another four years.
* President Obama and Mitt Romney are vowing to work together post-election. It's tradition for the winner and loser to agree to work together, an arrangement that typically lasts for an average of 1.7 seconds.
* In Chicago a woman in labor on her way to the hospital stopped to go to the polls and cast a vote. Other people didn't even realize she was in labor. Nowadays people in voting booths are used to hearing loud groaning when voters realize what their options are.
* On Election Night, Donald Trump tweeted “This election is a total sham and a travesty” and called for a revolution. Ironically, this is one of the least inflammatory tweets ever sent.
* Nice to see Trump has toned down his rhetoric.
* There was just a 2.0 magnitude earthquake in New Jersey this week. The ground was shaking so hard that Gov. Chris Christie and President Barack Obama were briefly forced to break their weeklong embrace.
* Here's a nice story – a 99-year-old woman voted for the first time. It would've been even nicer had she not cast her vote for Woodrow Wilson.
* Both President Obama and Mitt Romney were interviewed by Chris Berman on Monday Night Football. This was very risky. It was right before an election when Berman hung the nickname “Commander in Briefs” on Bill Clinton.
* The Obamas just made another appearance at their family church. It was pretty embarrassing because the minister said: “And you are?”
* Here's how a TV reporter knows he's not on the fast track at his network: On Election Night he's assigned to Libertarian party headquarters.
* One of the producers of the TV show “Friday Night Lights” asked Mitt Romney to stop using the slogan “Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose” from the show. It doesn't stop there. A representative from the Hershey company asked Joe Biden to stop using “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.”
* The New York Knicks have the oldest lineup in NBA history. While the Lakers have Showtime, the Knicks are known for a new thing – nap time.
* A new drug has been discovered that may erase painful memories. If this works, a year from now we'll have no recollection of the NFL replacement referees.