The Nebraska State Patrol said Friday that several county courthouses in southeast Nebraska received bomb threats and were evacuated.
The patrol was assisting local authorities with their responses to the threats, according to Deb Collins of the Nebraska State Patrol.
She also said there had been “no credible threat at this time.''
It's not clear how many courthouses received threats, although a spokeswoman at the Richardson County Courthouse said the NSP said at least nine counties had received threats.
In Nebraska City, Otoe County Sheriff Jim Gress said a caller phoned the Clerk of the Court's Office at 11:06 a.m. and said a bomb would go off in 17 minutes.
Officials evacuated the courthouse and Nebraska City police officers searched the building.
He said they didn't find any evidence of an explosive and workers were allowed to return to the courthouse about an hour later.
County spokeswomen in Seward and Johnson Counties confirmed that their courthouses were evacuated after the threats were made late Friday morning.
And a spokeswoman with the Richardson County Sheriff's Office said the county courthouse, which includes 20 offices, was evacuated about 11:20 a.m. after receiving a phone threat.
She said authorities checked the Falls City building and found no bomb. Employees were allowed back into the building by 12:20 p.m.
The Richardson County Treasurer's Office received the phone threat, she said.
Workers at the Cass County Courthouse in Plattsmouth received a bomb-threat call at 11:23 a.m., said Brad Lahm, chief deputy with the Cass County Sheriff's Office.
The building was evacuated and searched with the help of bomb-sniffing dogs from Offut Air Force Base's security police.
Lahm said workers were back in the courthouse within two hours.
In Lincoln, the call came in at 11:30 a.m. at the Lancaster County Courthouse, said Jeff Bliemeister, chief deputy with the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office. The courthouse was evacuated, searched, and business resumed within about 40 minutes.
Bliemeister said the investigation was continuing.
“We're working on tracing the number, but the likelihood of it coming back to a registered phone is probably unlikely,” he said.
Reports indicated that courthouses in Gage and Saline Counties also received threats.