* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Mitt Romney agreed with quite a bit of what President Obama said during Monday night's debate. Obama heard, "I agree with the president" so many times that at first he thought Candy Crowley was back.
* Obama cleverly shifted the debate from foreign policy to domestic affairs. Take the time moderator Bob Schieffer asked about autocracy in the former Soviet Union, and Obama said, "Autocracy is important. Did you notice the root word in autocracy is 'auto?' Which brings us back to my auto bailout ..."
* A backer of Republican Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown admitted to paying homeless people $8 an hour to wear T-shirts to show support for the candidate. Now the backer is sorry. Sorry? These are the best jobs created during the Obama administration.
* The latest polls show Obama perhaps slipping a bit in Ohio. Obama is staying positive and looking at it this way: In Cleveland, approval polls show he's still 99 percent higher than LeBron James.
* Bruce Springsteen is hitting the campaign trail for Obama. In tribute to President Obama, Bruce will sing “Born In The USA?”
* Adele just gave birth to a baby boy. Life is so unfair. One little baby gets to listen to Adele sing beautiful lullabies every night while another baby has to endure Jessica Simpson's lip-syncing.
* Reportedly, the Honey Boo Boo family is embroiled in some kind of feud with the Kardashians. I'm not sure where this feud will be settled, but we can probably rule out at the weekly Mensa meeting.
* An ancient tooth discovered in Slovenia suggests that 6,500 years ago beeswax was used to fill decayed teeth. After hearing beeswax was once used to fill teeth, British dentists asked: “You mean we stopped?”
* Due to time constraints, NBC will be suspending all its coverage of the presidential election and the war in Afghanistan so long as Notre Dame football remains undefeated.
* In a 1,000-page report, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said Lance Armstrong's U.S. Postal Service team ran a “sophisticated, professionalized and successful” doping program. This was the first time “U.S. Postal Service” and “sophisticated, professionalized and successful” have been used in the same sentence.
* I saw a headline referencing “Lynx Fever.” I have not been able to confirm if this was a story about the WNBA Finals or a new world pandemic threat.
* During the WNBA Finals, Minnesota Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve threw her jacket on the court. Rumor has it she became enraged after seeing the TV ratings for the WNBA Finals.