* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* I watched the presidential debate Monday night. I could not believe the anger, the insults, the vindictiveness. It felt like an audio transcription of the comments section on Omaha.com.
* It is extremely windy in Omaha today. If there's a water-main break, we could experience our first hurricane.
* Wednesday night, the Omaha Nighthawks lost to Las Vegas. Afterward, players were using all kinds of lame excuses, like they hadn't had any food to eat because they haven't been paid.
* This was sixth time in their history that the Nighthawks have lost to Las Vegas. Which is a big shock to most Omahans who didn't even realize that the Nighthawks have played six games in their history.
* The World-Herald is out with its 2012 election guide. This landmark, historic election is so vitally important that our election guide is 1/25 as long as The World-Herald college football preview section.
* MySpace is trying to a launch a comeback. Executives have their work cut out for them. You know that guy Tom who pops up on everyone's page when you join? He's down to 11 friends.
* A QVC guest host passed out, live on the air. I guess this occurred right after QVC actually offered a product that someone might want to buy.
* In the village of Elmwood Place, Ohio, an incredible 20,000 speeding tickets were written in two weeks. This, after Elmwood Place took the bold action of making the speed limit 3 mph.
* Octomom and Tan Mom may have a boxing match. A little different: Instead of stating how long is left in each round, the ringside clock will list the number of seconds left in each woman's 15 minutes of fame.
* The first BCS rankings are out. Or, as the Big Ten calls 'em, the MIA rankings.
* Last Sunday, daredevil Felix Baumgartner jumped from 24 miles in space and broke the sound barrier. But because an hour later Kansas State and Notre Dame both appeared in the top five of the college football rankings, Baumgartner had only the second most incredible feat of the day.
* Game 4 of the ALCS was postponed due to rain. Even Mother Nature feels sorry for the Yankees.
* Kobe Bryant reportedly gave his pal Alex Rodriguez a pep talk. So now, not only is A-Rod in a hitting slump, but he's refusing to throw his teammates the ball.
* A-Rod supposedly flirted with two female fans after being removed from Game 1 of the ALCS. It was tough on Detroit when players thought they were stealing signals. “Wait a second. He just licked his lips and winked twice. What does that mean?”