* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition. Check back this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* Nebraska officials on a late summer trade mission to Beijing passed out fliers in Chinese touting our state as a good place for business. You think that sounds ambitious – behind them was a huge billboard urging Beijing residents to visit the Iowa State Fair.
* Vice President Joe Biden will appear at the Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs on Thursday. Doors open at 11 a.m., and things officially get going when Biden throws out the first gaffe at noon.
* The first presidential debate is Wednesday night. This is why President Obama just appeared on “The View.” After being questioned by Elisabeth Hasselbeck, nothing Mitt Romney throws at him can sting.
* A Republican strategist said that in Wednesday night's debate, Mitt Romney needs to prove he's the alpha dog. A Democratic strategist countered that President Obama is the actual alpha dog. This will be the first debate that begins with each candidate sniffing the other's rear end.
* The first presidential debate is so crucial that many Americans are planning to DVR and watch it if they have time after viewing the Kirstie Alley-Bristol Palin dance-off on “Dancing with the Stars.”
* Reportedly, Obama may be preparing some “barbs and zingers” while Romney has a “package of zingers.” Apparently, instead of a debate we're going to see a roast.
* It's just one wrong move after another for the Romney campaign. The first debate is in Denver on Wednesday night. Romney aides used an Apple iPhone map and Mitt ended up in Aspen.
* Romney and Obama are trying to downplay expectations for their performance in Colorado. CU head football coach Jon Embree said: “I tried that. It doesn't work.”
* The first three segments of the televised presidential debate will be devoted mostly to President Obama's economic policies. It will be the first presidential debate to feature a laugh track.
* Mitt Romney said President Obama will not be able to fool people in the debates. I'm not so sure. Obama has been working with his new debate coach – David Copperfield.
* Tony Romo threw five interceptions on Monday Night Football as the Cowboys lost to the Bears. Compared with Romo, last Monday night the replacement refs had a pretty good game.
* It was not a good Monday night for the Dallas Cowboys. One of Tony Romo's passes knocked out three members of the security detail guarding Dez Bryant.
* A lucky Chicago Cubs fan willing to pay $30,000 can throw out the first pitch. You think that's good? For 40 grand a Cubs fan can pitch the fifth through seventh inning of any game in September.