* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
Click here to read the morning edition.
* A $200 million Powerball lottery ticket was sold in Iowa. In Iowa, you call someone with $200 million a lottery winner. In Omaha, you'd call 'em "city pension recipient."
* Scheduled work on Pacific Street has been delayed. Now road work in Omaha is falling behind schedule before it even begins.
* Good news: The regular NFL referees are going back to work. Bad news: The regular NFL referees are going back to work.
* The president and Michelle Obama held hands throughout their interview on “The View.” A similar thing happened during President Obama's last appearance on CNN when the interviewer repeatedly tried to hold Obama's hand.
* Mitt Romney has come out with what some are calling the first positive ad of the campaign. And Joe Ricketts is going to spend $10 million on promos for Romney. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this will not result in the second positive ad of the campaign.
* More topless photos of Kate Middleton have surfaced. To give you an idea how widespread this is, these are in Popular Mechanics.
* Prince Harry just turned 28. If you're shopping for a belated gift, I think he can use pants.
* The TSA fired several workers at the Newark airport for sleeping on the job. This is when you don't feel secure about air travel – there's drool coming from the mouths of the security agents.
* Guinness World Records has recognized 77-year-old Edith Connor of Denver as the oldest female bodybuilder. I say if it comes to cutting Social Security, let a member of Congress tell Edith first.
* Due to identity theft cases, the IRS is out several billion dollars. IRS executives hope to be compensated by the government. Well, I just hope the IRS saved every one of its receipts.
* A homeowner in Rhode Island was fined for a noise violation after she allegedly taught her cockatoo to curse. You know your new neighbors may not be the best when you're walking out of the moving van and there's a cockatoo on the porch going, “@#$! ^&*#! @%&@!”
* Bill Snyder led Kansas State to an upset of Oklahoma. Snyder said this is his biggest coaching win since Red Grange converted that two-point conversion in ‘23.
* A woman gave birth in the parking lot at a NASCAR race. Like any true NASCAR fan, she had a beer in one hand throughout the delivery.