* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
Click here to read the morning edition.
* On Sunday, ABC aired a three-hour show live from a nudist colony – wait, that was the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards.
* The Emmys are sort of like the Democratic National Convention, only with more liberal acceptance speeches.
* On Sunday, the Tea Party Express bus rolled through Omaha. It didn't actually stop. It slowed, the people on board saw what taxes are in Omaha, and the bus was last seen speeding out of town at 170 mph.
* On the news I saw a happy lottery winner holding up his 5-by-8 check. Wait, my mistake. That was former OPS superintendent John Mackiel with the first installment of his retirement pay.
* The Omaha ice cream shop eCreamery was featured on the ABC show “Shark Tank.” It's been quite a week for Omahans on TV, what with Mackiel's appearance on “Cribs.”
* Sawtoothed grain beetles were discovered in soup that was to be served to elementary school students in Papillion-La Vista schools. Nobody has a right to complain. If you check the school lunch schedule, it clearly states, “Tuesdays: sawtoothed grain beetles.”
* The world's shortest man and the world's shortest woman just met for the first time. He is 72, and she is 18. It looked like the weirdest Ak-Sar-Ben king and queen coronation yet.
* The world's shortest man is 21.5 inches; the world's shortest woman is 24.7 inches. I'm trying to confirm that after the meeting he was overheard saying, “Oh, great. Now I'm never going to meet a woman shorter than me.”
* After New England's loss to the Ravens on Sunday, a furious Bill Belichick grabbed a replacement ref and berated him. Well, the commissioner did say he wanted coaches to treat the replacements just like they do the regular refs.
* Belichick was screaming at the ref. I haven't seen anything like that since the last time Jay Cutler communicated with a teammate.
* On Sunday, the Texans' QB Matt Schaub took a vicious hit that knocked off a piece of his ear. He returned to the game one play later. Here's what needs to happen: The All-Madden Team must be brought back immediately so Schaub can be named captain for eternity.
* Denver Broncos fans are complaining that overhead pigeons are relieving themselves on the fans. That's the fans' perspective. The pigeons are complaining about a bunch of intoxicated, shirtless fat guys with strange lettering on their chests below them.