* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
* Omaha Creative Week runs through this weekend. I guess this is when Mayor Jim Suttle comes up with creative ways of disguising a pay raise.
* According to a Reuters/Ipsos poll, President Obama and Mitt Romney are tied. To which a chorus of shocked Americans responded, “Ipsos?”
* President Obama was originally scheduled to deliver his convention speech from inside Bank of America Stadium. Democrats wanted to hold the speech at a venue named after the place where Mitt Romney keeps his money, but the Dusseldorf Bank and Trust Arena was booked.
* Joe Biden spoke before President Obama. I assume that per usual Biden was instructed to “go out there and lower the bar.”
* Before taking the stage, Biden was issued the standard admonishment: “Try not to start World War III this time.”
* Being president is a tough job. Obama was frequently described as “noticeably grayer.” And that's just since the convention began three days ago.
* CNN did not refer to the event as a convention. No, it was a coronation.
* Romney campaign adviser John Sununu said now the Romney-Ryan campaign will saturate television and “carpet bomb” the airwaves. Hey, that's working out pretty well for Ryan Seacrest.
* People are still buzzing about Bill Clinton's enthusiastic speech Wednesday night. If you missed it, it was sort of the political equivalent of Al Pacino's pre-game talk in “Any Given Sunday.”
* Bill Clinton spoke nonstop for 48 minutes. I haven't heard anything like that since Ed Cunningham was describing a two-yard run up the middle.
* Bill Clinton spoke for 48 minutes. I have a suggestion for the first job created under the Obama Administration: Hire an editor for Bill Clinton.
* Wednesday there was tons of booing at the convention. Personally, I didn't think Nancy Pelosi's new hairdo was that bad.
* On the last night of the Democratic convention, two tons of confetti were dropped on the crowd. To create the confetti, President Obama's entire job creation plan was shredded.
* Some delegates appear to be receiving preferential treatment. When cameras cut to Obama's hotel room as he was waiting to speak, he was sitting on the floor so the Iowa delegation could have the couch.
* This just in: Instead of holding an election, some are calling for determining the next president by holding a pull-up contest between Michelle Obama and Paul Ryan.
* Several Democrats mentioned “the most powerful, capable man on the planet.” They were referring to George Clooney.
* Supermodel Iman tweeted, “Thank god I'm fabulous.” And she's the least self-involved person on Twitter.