Swimmers at an indoor water park had to be evacuated Sunday when chlorine levels got too high.
Omaha firefighters were called to the CoCo Key Water Resort at 3321 South 72nd Street about 3:50 p.m. A few people there had either vomited or had irritated eyes and throats, Battalion Chief John Stolinski said.
Paramedics checked those affected, but they declined further treatment, Stolinski said.
He estimated that between 75 and 100 people were evacuated.
A hazardous materials crew determined that chlorine gas levels in the building were a little high, Stolinski said. A malfunctioning chemical pump to a baby pool was blamed.
The swim area was to stay closed until CoCo Key staff could determine what caused the malfunction.
— Susan Szalewski