* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
* Herman Cain has arrived in Tampa, Fla., where he immediately proclaimed Hurricane Isaac to be a category 999.
* The Republican convention balloon drop is scheduled for Thursday night. Paul Ryan is expected to show up and claim that the balloons are "unnecessary entitlements."
* Tuesday night's convention featured New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. Christie is known for his blunt talk, best typified by the title of his speech: "Obama Can Kiss My @#%."
* The world's oldest person, Besse Cooper of Monroe, Ga., just turned 116. She celebrated with her peers – other delegates to the Republican National Convention.
* President Obama called her to wish her happy birthday. Then Paul Ryan called to say he was cutting her Medicare.
* Tuesday night's roll call at the Republican National Convention was confusing. Seventeen different people announced, “The home state of Mitt Romney is proud to hereby nominate ...”
* There has been a lot of applause at the convention. Tuesday night, Ann Romney's earrings received a six-minute standing ovation.
* President Obama campaigned in Iowa on Tuesday. It backfired when every single person in Iowa was huddled around TV sets waiting for Rick Santorum's speech.
* A group of about a dozen Ron Paul supporters tried to disrupt the GOP onvention by making what some called obnoxious noises. For a second it sounded like a Black Eyed Peas concert had broken out in the balcony.
* Tuesday afternoon, Deb Fischer spoke briefly at the convention. She was on stage for such a short time that it felt like an “American Idol” audition without the music.
* Fischer was given two to three minutes to address the convention. Which is ironic because two to three minutes is the length she wanted the debate with Bob Kerrey to be.
* Joe Biden's scheduled campaign events in Tampa this week were canceled. As we went to press, it was uncertain if this was storm-related or if Biden simply ran out of gaffes.
* Kid Rock headlined a GOP convention concert. In the time it took him to shout “My name is Kiiiiiiid Rock!” Mitt Romney changed his position on most major issues.
* Hurricane Isaac forced the cancellation of Donald Trump's speech at the Republican National Convention. That loud “whooosh” was not the hurricane approaching, but Mitt Romney breathing a sigh of relief.
* Isaac threatened the GOP convention in Florida. Winds did $300,000 in damage – one pair of Mitt Romney's cuff links were destroyed.
* Tampa is missing the brunt of Hurricane Isaac. That's due to the storm moving slightly to the west and the Tea Party pulling the Republicans further to the right.
* Due to the storm, the Republican convention has been condensed. For example, the speech “Bad Stuff About Obama” has been cut from nine hours in length to eight hours and 55 minutes.
* At the GOP convention in Tampa, Ron Paul complained about his seat, which I believe is in Tallahassee.
* Convention preparations took place all weekend. Late Sunday, the barge carrying the makeup for the Fox News anchorwomen arrived in Tampa.
* Rosie O'Donnell just announced that she married a woman in June. Perfect timing. This will give Republican convention speakers something to talk about for three days.
* President Obama has a new proposal – instead of holding the entire Democratic National Convention in North Carolina, one hour of the convention should be held in a key battleground state.