* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
* Usain Bolt's Olympic record in the 100-meter dash was just shattered by Deb Fischer trying to get away from a scheduled debate with Bob Kerrey.
* A 62-year-old woman tried to swim more than 100 miles from Cuba to Florida. I tell you, people approaching retirement age will get to Florida any way they can.
* Diana Nyad failed to complete the swim from Cuba to Florida. The toughest part was dealing with the wake from the 700 rowboats that passed her.
* The National Hurricane Center is tracking a tropical storm headed for Tampa, Fla., during next week's Republican National Convention. There's no reason to worry – the wind from the speakers should blow the storm back to sea.
* Normally you only see 100 mph winds at the GOP convention when Newt Gingrich takes the podium.
* Actually, it should work out great. Now Mitt Romney can claim his tax returns blew away.
* President Obama told Mitt Romney: “You can't just make stuff up.” If only that were true, every campaign would last nine minutes.
* Seven Olympic athletes from Cameroon defected to Great Britain. They defected to great freedoms in Britain, the higher standard of living, the improved food ... OK, two out of three isn't bad.
* During a charity game in China, Kobe Bryant scored 68 points in 15 minutes. I knew Kobe was going to be aggressive offensively when he put up three shots during the Chinese national anthem.
* This was appropriate. In China, it's the Year of the Ball Hog.
* Three SMU football players claim they were robbed by a prostitute that one players allegedly hired. I only hope being linked to SMU athletics doesn't harm the reputation of prostitutes.