* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
Click here to read the morning edition.
* During Monday night's NFL preseason game, Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid and Eagles defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins got into a shouting match. Eagles fans weren't sure who was at fault, so they booed both men.
* A mountain lion was spotted in a tree outside the town of Kimball, Neb. The cat was overheard asking for directions to York County.
* Mitt Romney was just endorsed by porn star Jenna Jameson, which makes no sense – wait, I just read she's worth an estimated $30 million, so it now makes perfect sense.
* Clint Eastwood has endorsed Romney. There's zero truth to the rumor that Republicans asked Eastwood for permission for use his wife's reality TV show to torture political prisoners.
* President Obama has weighed in on the New York Jets quarterback situation. Now if he has time, Obama may weigh in on the U.S. employment situation.
* Former “Today Show” host Ann Curry is suggesting she was fired by NBC for wearing loud, colorful outfits. Which would be a mildly hypocritical move by a network whose mascot is a peacock.
* The new Mars rover Curiosity has a robotic arm. In a sign of the times, as the rover hurtled toward Mars at 13,000 mph, the robotic arm was texting.
* Curiosity has 17 cameras on board. To put in perspective how vital this mission is, that's only six cameras less than NBC used to cover the Olympic field hockey quarterfinals.
* An Ohio woman is demanding $500 billion after police towed her car to the impound lot. But just to prove she's not unreasonable, she's willing to settle for half that amount.
* Thousands of clowns took to the streets of Mexico City during a festival. This is sort of their version of the swearing in of the freshman class of the U.S. Congress.
* Chad Johnson's wife, a star on “Basketball Wives,” has filed for divorce after 41 days of marriage. I'm sure your reaction was the same as mine: How did they make it work this long?
* USC is No. 1 in the AP preseason football poll. The Southeastern Conference is demanding a recount.