* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
Click here to read the morning edition.
* The world record in the women's high jump was broken at the Olympics. The record was broken by the mother of a U.S. woman gymnast in the stands.
* Another world record was just set. Oddly enough, not by an Olympian. The record was set by Mitt Romney: Most Gaffes On An International Trip.
* The Cox Classic is about to begin. It has a different kind of atmosphere. It's the only professional golf tournament with a beer garden on the 14th green.
* On Tuesday night, an NBC viewer crashed through his window and ran down the street screaming, “I can't take any more synchronized diving!”
* There's a lot of criticism over NBC's tape delays. A Japanese soldier on a remote island who thinks World War II is still being waged said, “Why would I watch Olympic events in prime time? I already know who won.”
* On Tuesday, the U.S. women played North Korea in soccer. Talk about a clash of ideologies. You've got the most secret society in the world vs. one where if an athlete doesn't share what he or she eats at every meal on Twitter, she's labeled “reclusive.”
* How about that adorable little gymnast with the pixie-ish charm – oh, wait, that was Bob Costas.
* Mitt Romney returned from his overseas trips with a lot of gifts. Mostly toasters and blenders for opening new bank accounts.
* A Romney aide cursed at a reporter in Poland and told him to “shove it.” Then Romney spin doctors spent the next six hours trying to convince the Polish media that “shove it” is a compliment in America.
* Actress Kristen Stewart issued a public apology for cheating on boyfriend actor Robert Pattinson. I miss the old days when this stuff stayed private and the only people who knew were the woman, the man and the reporters from the British tabloids eavesdropping on their calls.
* In Utah, a man has been dressing like a goat and hanging out in a pack of wild goats. A wildlife expert said the man could be in danger once goat hunting season opens. In my opinion, hunting season is this guy's second-biggest worry. The No. 1 worry? Mating season.
* Representatives from more than 200 teams are competing in the Summer Olympics. So it's a lot like the Big East tournament, only smaller.
* After 42 years, Dennis Rodman met with his estranged father. The father took one look at Dennis' orange hair, tattoos and body piercings and said, “See ya in another 42 years.”
* A 10-year-old girl named Latanna Stone has qualified for the U.S. Women's Amateur golf tournament. She shot a 70 to qualify. When I was 10, it took me 11 shots to get a golf ball through the wizard's castle.