* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
Check back with Omaha.com this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* On Sunday night, WWE: SmackDown is coming to the CenturyLink Center. If you're unfamiliar with pro wrestling, it's a lot like the Nebraska Senate race, only less fake.
* The first six months of this year were supposedly the hottest half year on record. I think there's something to that, because the representative of the National Weather Service was wearing a Speedo at the press conference.
* It was just announced that another movie is going to film in Omaha - the sequel to "Lawrence of Arabia."
* The drought is so bad, when there was a water main break on Capitol Avenue Wednesday, a group of Omahans stood around applauding.
* A GOP official announced that Mitt Romney will attend the opening of the Olympics in London. Which is appropriate, because Romney has money invested in every country participating in the opening ceremonies.
* You know Romney's favorite Olympic event? Balance beam. It's the only time he gets to see people who change positions more than he does.
* Mitt Romney will attend the Olympic Games. If anyone in London tries to get a look at Romney's tax returns, I'm predicting he'll bring home gold in the 5,000-meter run.
* Vice President Biden caused a stir when he told what's described as a sex joke to a Las Vegas audience. He's now going by his new nickname - Joe "Dice" Biden.
* Biden will be appearing in the lounge at the Tropicana nightly through July 26.
* Michelle Obama has resumed wearing her trademark polka dot dresses. She's claiming that each dot represents a battleground state. "This one's Michigan, this one's Iowa ..."
* In New Jersey, a dog led a good Samaritan to its unconscious owner. The dog may have saved its owner's life. Meanwhile, back at the house, the woman's cat had sold most of her possessions and used the money to purchase $7,000 worth of rubber toys.
* A couple in the United Arab Emirates hid their baby in their carry-on bags. You know you're on a bad flight when the carry-on bag behind you is crying.
* Maria Sharapova said she has disdain for Twitter. She said, "I don't need to let the world know that I'm at this restaurant eating a bowl of pasta." To which 1 million Twitter users demanded: " What kind of pasta?"