* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
Check back with Omaha.com this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* There were reports of 6-inch hail falling in Omaha on Wednesday night. Turns out those were bottle rockets.
* The best thing is, because the Fourth of July is now over, the fireworks should be stopping in about nine weeks.
* Dads' best hope of lighting the grill on the Fourth of July: Wait for a firecracker to land on it.
* I love the Fourth of July. It's the day we get up in the morning and watch tennis from London, then climb into our Japanese- and German-manufactured cars and drive to see Chinese-made fireworks, all to demonstrate how much we love America.
* On the Fourth, Deb Fischer got together with her most cherished loved ones - Super PAC members.
* Prince William and Catherine were in the front row at Wimbledon. I guess they couldn't get tickets to the Coney Island Hot Dog Eating Contest.
* The White House held a Fourth of July celebration Wednesday night. In this new age of austerity, it consisted of Joe Biden lighting a couple of snakes and racing around the South Lawn with a sparkler.
* On the Fourth, President Obama helped swear in 25 new U.S. citizens. Then he had to inform 11 of them that they fit his definition of wealthy and he'll be trying to raise their taxes.
* Mitt Romney walked in a Fourth of July parade in Wolfeboro, N.H. Well, he didn't actually walk the parade - he was carried by two manservants.
* It's reported that President Obama is going to skip his annual vacation. Is the election next week?
* The Obamas are reportedly going to skip their annual vacation at a 28-acre waterfront Martha's Vineyard estate. With the economy in this country, instead they're going to a Super 8 motel in Hoboken.
* New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie called a Democratic adversary an "arrogant S.O.B." So at least the Republicans and the Democrats are still communicating.
* Obama was booed at his own Boston fundraiser after making a joke about the Red Sox trading Kevin Youkilis to the White Sox. Memo to President Obama: Joking about a sports team in Boston generally goes over as well as cow jokes in India.
* A new Obama ad portrays Mitt Romney as "outsourcer in chief." Romney said he'll have no comments until he returns from interviewing prospective running mates in Costa Rica.
* Husker Fan Day has been scheduled for Aug. 3. Coach Bo Pelini thinks he may have to do something less stressful that day, like undergo a root canal sans Novocaine.
* A Little Leaguer made an unassisted triple play. You know Little League parents. His dad said next time the kid needs to turn the triple play faster.
* The WNBA season is under way. You hear the new WNBA slogan? "Just like the NBA only without the power, speed, excitement, interest or fans."