* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* Chinese astronauts returning from a mission parachuted into Inner Mongolia Thursday night. They almost hit a Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives who was moving to Inner Mongolia after the Supreme Court decision on heath care.
* Thursday night at the NBA draft after being selected each player crossed a stage and shake hands with the commissioner. To prove they have what it takes to play in the NBA, two of the players claimed the commissioner bumped them and then flopped to the floor.
* In Virginia, a dead dog received voter registration forms in the mail. When you look at our elected officials, I say what do we have to lose here?
* This means the dog could be summoned for jury duty. Again, what do we have to lose?
* During the 2008 Swim Trials in Omaha, nine world records and 17 American records were broken, some say mostly due to the swim suits. I wasn't here in ‘08 - did the suits have little motors in ‘em?
* The NBA draft was Thursday night. The no. 1 choice: Anthony Davis. No. 2: Anthony Davis' unibrow.
* In Britain, a man carrying the Olympic Torch proposed to his girlfriend. That's when you know a guy is worried about being rejected - he appeals to her sense of patriotism.
* When it comes to a college football playoff, it is said that "SEC and Big 12 officials were driving the train." If that's true, UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman was in back of the train being dragged by the caboose.
* After there was a dead heat for third in the women's 100 meters at the U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials, there's a debate over how to solve it. Some want another race, some are calling for a coin to be flipped, and NBC wants the two women to hold a "sing-off" on "The Voice."
* Reliever Juan Carlos Oviedo (Leo Nunez) is rejoining the Miami Marlins after an 8-week suspension for using a fake name. Even more stunning: Coco Crisp is an actual name.
* The opening ceremonies of the summer Olympics may feature 50,000 children. You know what you call it when 50,000 children enter a stadium? "Any Saturday at Werner Park."
* A wax figure of New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony was unveiled at Madame Tussauds. The timing couldn't have been worse, as a confused Charlotte Bobcats organization drafted the wax figure in the second round.
* The British National Shin Kicking competition has ended. This is believed to be the first major sports competition based on an episode of "The Three Stooges."