* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* After taking out a wedding license at the courthouse in New York City with his fiancee, actor Alec Baldwin got into a scuffle with a photographer. Welcome to the Baldwin family, lady.
* The scuffle was stopped briefly so the Mayor Michael Bloomberg could present Baldwin with a plaque commemorating his 25th public meltdown.
* UCLA was eliminated from the College World Series by Florida State after the Bruins pitchers were wild. It's tough when you leave Los Angeles. They're used to the smog keeping their pitches in the strike zone.
* A Florida State player and his older brother were arrested for allegedly switching price tags on items at Village Pointe. The NCAA is spinning the story to accentuate the positive: The College World Series brings families together.
* Usain Bolt is OK after being in a minor accident. He was going 35. No word if he was inside a vehicle or on foot.
* A top executive is leaving Facebook. There were a few tears, mostly when the executive realized that if he'd left five weeks ago his Facebook stock would've been worth $897 million more.
* Mitt Romney has wrapped up his "Every Town Counts" bus tour. That name nosed out the second choice: "Every Town Counts Provided It's In a Key Battleground Swing State That I Have a Chance to Win."
* Before entering Iowa, Romney's bus stopped to fuel up with ethanol. Then, on the way out, it stopped at the border again to drain it.
* In Michigan, Romney held a roundtable discussion with small-business leaders - the presidents of Ford and General Motors.
* President recently Obama said, "We only have one president at a time." To which the Clintons immediately responded, "What?"
* A British woman who was sailing around the world has had to abandon her trip. This happened when she was caught in a traffic jam with the other 10,000 people who are sailing around the world.
* One of the cast members of "The Real Housewives of Orange County" was proposed to on the show. The man who proposed was immediately placed in a straitjacket and whisked away to the nearest in-patient clinic for a full mental-health evaluation.
* A planet four times the size of Earth may have been found just beyond Pluto. It was discovered by accident when one of Josh Hamilton's home run balls landed there.
* Ohio State University has self-reported violations in 21 different sports. I'm pretty sure the average American can't even name 21 sports.
* Ohio State has self-reported a secondary violation - members of the women's hockey team spent $4 too much for framed jerseys. We've finally identified the big problem at Ohio State: women's hockey players overpaying for jerseys.