* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* Miss Pennsylvania stepped down on Wednesday after claiming that the Miss USA pageant was rigged. Miss USA pageant spokesman Vince McMahon called the allegation scurrilous.
* Donald Trump runs the Miss USA pageant. I haven't seen Trump's response after Miss Pennsylvania's charge yet, but I'm sure it will be reasoned, measured and - aw, I'm just kidding.
* I saw an article titled "Signs someone may be depressed." The No. 1 sign? They're wearing a Miami Heat jersey.
* Mitt Romney won the California primary after getting the votes of all eight Republicans still living in California.
* I saw a headline reading "Levi Johnston's plan to make money." It's pretty sad when Levi Johnston has an economic plan and the president doesn't.
* Mitt Romney, Donald Trump and Newt Gingrich have been campaigning together. One guy wants to point out Obama's shortcomings, one guy wants to find his birth certificate and the third guy keeps asking for a loan to pay off his campaign debt.
* Trump and Gingrich are also campaigning together for Romney. They just held an event in Washington, D.C.: "The Million Ex-Wife Rally."
* U.S. student test scores in science are "unacceptable," according to one expert. To give you an idea how bad the science test scores are, the frog about to be dissected brings up the grade curve.
* In Boxford, Mass., a party was crashed by a roving band of cows that drank most of the beer. Imagine being the couple across the street who stopped by unannounced shortly thereafter. "Herb, you see that? They invited cows and not us."
* Even though cows invaded the party and drank up the beer, they still aren't considered as tacky as that couple that crashed the White House soiree.
* A man in Israel is divorcing his wife because she adopted 550 cats. Give him credit: He hung in 545 cats longer than any other man.
* A Lady Gaga concert in Indonesia was canceled because of protests. In Indonesia, Gaga is not an international star. No, down there she's known as one of the foremost Madonna impersonators.
* In college baseball, Stony Brook won the Coral Gables, Fla., regional. This is the best postseason performance ever by a school that's often mistaken for a place a suspected criminal would be sent for a mental-health evaluation.
* The Nebraska high school Shrine Bowl featured a bounceroosky. All in favor of the Big Ten network skipping one nonconference football contest and replaying the Shrine Bowl, say aye.