* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* A man who just got out of jail boarded a United Express flight in San Diego without a ticket or boarding pass. It's part of the airlines' new "Ex-Cons Fly Free" summer program.
* The man immediately exited the plane after realizing that the conditions were better in jail than on United Express.
* The Romney campaign has apologized for misspelling "America" on a new mobile app. This is not good: The campaign wrote, "We're sorrie."
* President Obama and Bill Clinton will appear together at a fundraiser on June 3. Given the two men's ability for raising cash, I‘m guessing the fundraiser will bring in twice as much money as the Facebook IPO.
* In Logan, Utah, a moose ran through town. Wildlife experts believe the moose came out of the hills in search of a mate and something to drink. Which are pretty much the same two factors that will be driving attendees to the Democratic National Convention this summer.
* Expectations for the new Congress in 2013 could not be lower. Three-fourths of Americans will be surprised if most members of Congress get it right when told to raise their right hands during the swearing-in ceremony.
* A 6-year-old named Lori Anne Madison is the youngest contestant ever in the national spelling bee. I had a similar academic breakthrough at age 6 when I finally learned to burp.
* An 18-year-old man in Wilmer, Texas, was arrested after he allegedly tried to rob a police station. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the future of America.
* A 72-year-old man in Oklahoma is accused of making 17 obscene calls to 911 operators earlier this month. Who says there's nothing to do in Oklahoma on the weekend?
* A Fort Myers, Fla., high school student had his diploma withheld after he Tebowed during the commencement ceremony to win a $5 bet. Smart kid. In this economy having $5 in your pocket is a lot more valuable than holding a diploma.
* A woman in Israel who was brushing her teeth accidentally swallowed her toothbrush. She needs to clip this story and show it to her dentist next time he complains she's not trying to get to those back molars.
* The upcoming movie "The Great Gatsby" features clothing styles that were popular in the 1920s. So it's sort of like Texas Tech home football games.
* Friday night in the first round of the NCAA baseball regionals. Creighton plays UCLA in Los Angeles. UCLA may be intimidated - Creighton will be the first school the Bruins have seen where the student body drives nicer cars than their student body.