* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* Nebraska state parks were incredibly crowded on Memorial Day weekend. A note to kids who were camping for the first time: It's not customary for Dad to sleep on the latrine roof.
* I wouldn't say Lake McConaughy was packed, but astronauts on the International Space Station were able to identify the piles of beer cans.
* The author of a new book claims that in his high school yearbook young Barack Obama thanked his marijuana dealer. Not to be outdone, Mitt Romney thanked the guy who delivered the family's beluga.
* There's a new video online of an adorable baby hugging a goat. This effectively meant Americans had a four-day weekend, since most workers spent all day Tuesday downloading the video.
* Going into the Eastern Conference NBA finals, Miami Heat player Chris Bosh is questionable for all games. And LeBron James is questionable for all fourth quarters.
* At the beginning of the season, the Kansas City Royals had a new slogan: "Our time." That's just been amended to "Our time to get our butts kicked."
* Scientists have found the gene linked to obesity. It was discovered in CC Sabathia's locker after a Yankees game.
* The selection committee is sending Creighton to Los Angeles to play UCLA in the first round of the NCAA baseball regionals. This only after the selection committee learned it couldn't make Creighton play the Dodgers.
* Serena Williams has recorded a rap song called "Cook The Track Up Like A Frozen Pizza." This means the country song "If My Dog Could See Through His Rear Right Now That Rear Would Be Cryin'" is only the second worst song title of the past 50 years.
* Packers receiver Donald Driver said winning "Dancing with the Stars" and winning a Super Bowl are about the same. I can think of a tiny difference barely worth mentioning. To win the Super Bowl, you have to get past Ray Lewis. To take "Dancing with the Stars," Driver had to defeat the guy who played Urkel.
* New York Giant DE Usi Umenyiora took a shot on Twitter at Eagles running back LeSean McCoy. McCoy was going to respond on Twitter, but after typing "Usi Umenyiora" he was out of characters.