* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* A 78-year-old Lincoln woman will not be prosecuted for hiding her grandson, who was wanted for disturbing the peace, from police. Apparently, he was found under a huge pile of knitting needles and canned jams.
* On Tuesday, Mitt Romney won primaries in Kentucky and Arkansas. He did this largely on the strength of his "pro 'Dukes of Hazzard' marathon" platform.
* Romney faces no serious opposition. Which is the same thing the San Antonio Spurs are thinking.
* Two of the three American hikers who were jailed after wandering off-course and ending up in Iran have gotten married. That's the good news. The bad news? To get to their honeymoon destination, they're walking.
* We're learning more about Mark Zuckerberg's new wife. She just graduated from medical school. Zuckerberg said he plans to be treated by his wife if he ever has enough money to afford health insurance.
* During college commencement at American University, one graduate dropped to his knees and proposed to another graduate, and she said yes. Because they're recent college grads, now they just have to find someone to support the family.
* A bear crashed into a New Jersey elementary school. He ran in one side of the school and out the other. Because it was a New Jersey elementary school, when the bear left it was wearing baggy jeans and a backward baseball cap.
* Actress Betty White stars in a new campaign commercial for Rep. Howard Berman. She's perfect: At age 90, White was actually alive when Congress had its last accomplishment.
* Greece is bracing for more possible civil disobedience and small-scale rioting. Or, as that's called on Omaha.com, "the comments section."
* Green Bay Packer receiver Donald Driver won "Dancing with the Stars." I didn't see the show, but I'm hoping he did a Lambeau Leap onto the lap of the little judge on the end.
* Driver won "Dancing with the Stars" after impressing the always-athlete-star-struck judges, I mean, the impartial panel of experts.
* Driver will place his Mirror Ball trophy beside his Super Bowl ring. Somewhere, Vince Lombardi is spinning.