* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* Pakistan has blocked Twitter after officials read something inappropriate. Well, that narrows it down to only 250,000 Tweets sent over the weekend.
* Sunday there was an unusual partial solar eclipse of the type that occurs only once every 10 years or so. This means the Nebraska men's basketball team is qualifying for the NCAA Tournament about as often as rare astronomic events occur.
* In an Omaha gun amnesty program, more than 28 firearms were turned in. It looked like a Deb Fischer campaign commercial.
* The parent company of Victoria’s Secret just announced earnings. Good news - they didn’t mention any Gretna officials by name.
* There’s a new word in the English lexicon - "tanorexic." I hope this leads to the adoption of my suggested new word, "moronific."
* An entrepreneur has developed a "street legal" La-Z-Boy. This is one way to get dads to travel over Memorial Day weekend.
* A Pennsylvania girl was banned from the high school prom because she doesn’t have a date. This occurred after lobbying efforts by the group "Because High School Just Isn’t Traumatic Enough."
* The Polo World Cup just ended in Miami Beach. Mitt Romney called the winner’s locker room.
* It was windy at the Nebraska state track meet. I’d like to apologize to the owner of the car in Indianaola, IA. that was hit by the discus.
* The injured Derrick Rose is expected to be out eight to 12 months. It’s too bad the Bulls didn’t advance; he would’ve been back by the end of the playoffs.
* Tim Tebow has changed his dog’s name from Bronco to Bronx. While the Jets got Tebow because they hoped the Tebow/Sanchez paring would confuse defenses, so far the only one confused is the dog.
* Tebow calls the dog "Bronx." Well, except for the hindquarters, which he calls "Elway."