* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* On Friday morning, a conservative group launched fresh attack ads against Bob Kerrey. Congratulations. If you had "48 hours" in the office pool of how long it'd take after primary results were official to see the first new attack ads, you're a winner.
* The ads are reportedly paid for by a conservative group called Crossroads GPS. The group may want to keep that on the down low. In Omaha, "Crossroads" evokes an image of a mall with one open juice kiosk and a Sears.
* At the GOP convention this summer, attendees will hear from the most powerful man in the Republican Party. Joe Ricketts?
* According to a shocking new biography, at one time the Obamas were planning to divorce. Apparently Michelle got fed up with Barack trying to charge the rest of the family $1,000 per plate every time they sat down for dinner.
* On the news, a woman announced that she's a virgin at age 70. So it sounds like Romney just found his running mate.
* The proposed new Canadian $20 bill supposedly contains nudity. In a related story, the U.S. Secret Service announced plans to hold its next convention at the Saskatchewan mint.
* A bear crashed through the window at a New Jersey elementary school. It was a very dangerous situation because students had to try and run away in jeans five sizes too large.
* A man has designed a La-Z-Boy that's "street legal." This is a dream come true for men. They can drive to the store for beer and chips without having to sit upright.
* I read that the Beach Boys are holding a reunion concert. Sure, the group hasn't played together for what, almost 36 hours?
* Friday night's Creighton-Wichita St. baseball game at TD Ameritrade Park will feature skydivers and fireworks. Hopefully, not at the same time.
* U.S. skier Lindsey Vonn owes $1.7 million in back taxes. Another million and it could have led to an investigation of her amateur status.
* In Canada, a competitor in wheelchair curling was suspended 18 months after failing a drug test. You know, I'm beginning to think that maybe there's a problem with performance enhancers in sports.
* Hulk Hogan was spotted at an NHL playoff game. He said he always wanted to see a sport where the fighting was real.
* At the Lingerie Football League All-Star game, the rival coaches got into a brawl. I only hope this doesn't make people start to think that the league where players wearing underwear tackle each other can be a little tacky.
* Breaking news: President Obama has sent peacekeeping forces to get between Dwyane Wade and Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra.
* Shaquille O'Neal received his doctorate in education from Barry University in Florida. It's amazing Shaq found the time considering he spends 12 hours a day thinking up new nicknames for himself.