* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* President Obama was recently in Afghanistan and just appeared on "The View." Of course, the difference is that the set of "The View" is a more hostile environment.
* On "The View," Obama was asked if he knew that Jessica Simpson just had a baby. With most of his interviews being on CNN, Obama isn't used to questions this tough.
* Obama didn't know about Simpson's baby. That's good. I sleep better knowing that the leader of the free world isn't hunkered down in front of "Showbiz Tonight."
* There were more street riots in Greece today - wait, that was actually the JPMorgan Chase CEO facing shareholders.
* Voter turnout Tuesday is expected to be higher than normal. It'd be even better if half the electorate wasn't consumed with calling in votes to "Dancing with the Stars" to get Urkel back on the show.
* The Iowa Legislature has adjourned. Sure, it may as well, now that the biggest issue in Iowa has been settled - approval of a new Cy-Hawk Trophy.
* President Obama just spoke at Ohio State. For the first time in his life, Obama was only the second-most-powerful man in the room - after Urban Meyer.
* Mitt Romney just gave the commencement speech at Liberty University. From there, he was heading to speak to a slightly more liberal audience - the National Association of Amish Farmers.
* The good news is, after spending time at Liberty, Romney has found his running mate - Turner Gill.
* In a new performance art piece, a woman sings while standing atop 20 blocks of butter. Every day the line between performance art and the court-ordered mental health evaluation blurs a little more.
* An 800-pound woman just purchased the world's largest wedding gown. She's on a quest to become the fattest woman ever. This proves that one of the most important attributes a man looks for in a woman is goal setting. * Something new is catching on in the Netherlands: toilet-bowl tossing. Or, as I call it, "the sport of kings."
* I'd make more fun of toilet-bowl tossing if Omaha didn't just land a team where women play football in their underwear.
* If toilet-bowl tossing catches on as an Olympic sport, there are going to be some embittered amateur baseball players out there.
* In science news, a 5,300-year-old mummy has been found. It was discovered on the San Antonio Spurs bench.
* Albert Pujols hit a home run. It's been so long that he needed to consult Google Maps to find third.
* The Washington Nationals are serving an 8-pound burger that costs $59. It's designed to feed eight adults or two 9-year-olds.