* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition
* It looks like Metta World Peace will be suspended for throwing that violent elbow. I think the commissioner needs to possibly reconsider, only because this gives me an opportunity to say "Give Peace a chance."
* Marco Rubio is accompanying Mitt Romney on the campaign trail, although he's not been named Romney's running mate. I guess that just makes him "travelin' buddy."
* Michelle Obama visited Omaha Tuesday. While she was speaking at a Girls Inc. luncheon, the Secret Service detail was across town watching Lingerie Football League tryouts.
* Michelle Obama visited Omaha on an 84-degree day. Fortunately, she's been wearing sleeveless dresses since Jan. 2, so she's prepared.
* President Obama was sorry he couldn't accompany his wife to Omaha. Actually, he doesn't call it Omaha. With all the taxes here, he refers to it as "a slice of heaven."
* It was a beautiful 82-degree day, which the Obama Administration immediately took full credit for.
* Omaha police were prepared to close streets in downtown Omaha. This is for security. Sure, imagine the national embarrassment if Mrs. Obama's motorcade drove into an 8-foot pothole.
* Omahans coming downtown for Mrs. Obama's visit were told to prepare for "airport-like security," which I believe means that absolutely none of it will make any sense whatsoever.
* After speaking at the Girls Inc. luncheon, Mrs. Obama joined the governor of Missouri and FEMA officials for a helicopter tour of the damage at Kauffman Stadium in the wake of the Kansas City Royals' horrible start.
* Congress is going to investigate the Walmart Mexico bribery scandal and the Secret Service-Colombian prostitution scandal. Congress is looking into bribery and prostitution. These will be the "Pot Calling The Kettle Black" hearings.
* Newt Gingrich is hinting he may be about to drop out of the race. Gingrich reluctantly reached the decision after huddling with all of his supporters in his campaign MINI Cooper.
* Mitt Romney gave a speech outside Fenway Park. When the big concern is Romney fading down the stretch, could he have picked a worse location?
* Rudy Giuliani endorsed Mitt Romney. You know the Republicans may have problems when almost everyone endorsing Romney seems like a better choice for president than the guy he's endorsing.
* Rocker Ted Nugent endorsed Romney, calling the Obama administration "vile, evil and America-hating." I don't know about you, but I am sick of these celebrities with their lukewarm, half-hearted, passionless endorsements.
* More information is coming out about the penguin that bit Newt Gingrich at the Saint Louis Zoo. Apparently, the incident occurred after Gingrich tried to charge the penguin 50 bucks to have his photo taken with him.