* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's morning edition
Check back with Omaha.com this afternoon for more jokes from Brad.
* President Obama just appeared at the historic Henry Ford Museum outside Detroit. In a possible shot at Mitt Romney, the Obama team arranged to have dogs in crates on top each of the cars.
* U.S. Secret Service agents are claiming they didn't know that the women they met at a bar in Cartagena, Colombia, were prostitutes. Their argument would probably carry more weight if the bar was not named the Pley Club Brothel.
* According to one report, the Secret Service agents had been planning the party for weeks. Great, we finally some people in the federal sector who plan ahead ...
* New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is being called "too charismatic" to be vice president. I believe that means he has a pulse and occasionally blinks.
* Representatives for the Barbie doll announced she is running for president. Barbie lives in a beautiful dream house with no visible means of support. I gotta think this is going to take votes away from Mitt Romney.
* This was on Friday. And today, Barbie's already nine points ahead of Newt Gingrich in the polls.
* This is obviously a shameless ploy for publicity. Barbie, Donald Trump. Donald Trump, meet Barbie doll.
* Barbie running for president. It's rather silly. However, I do feel the non-anatomically correct, jobless Ken would make an excellent vice president.
* The John Edwards trial got under way Monday. If found guilty, he's facing five years for each of the six felony counts. If you do the math, you realize that he could be locked up until Newt Gingrich is conceding the 2012 presidential election.
* This has been called the worst allergy season in years. I personally realized that when a sneeze traveled farther than a North Korean missile test.
* India is testing a missile capable of reaching China. And North Korea is said to be developing a new long-range missile capable of making it two-thirds of the way off the launch pad.
* OPPD has a new summer program that allows the company to take control of your thermostat. It may as well -- OPPD already took control of our checking accounts.