Contest: Join our NCAA men's basketball bracket challenge
Tournament Central: Omaha.com's NCAA men's basketball tournament page
Bracket Buzz: Midwest Region
Bracket Buzz: South Region
Bracket Buzz: West Region
Bracket Buzz: East Region
* * *
Down goes Indiana! That makes Wichita State's road a little easier. The Shockers are the best team Kentucky has faced since December. They'll test UK, but they won't beat 'em. Duke gets blown out in the regional final. The 'Cats have too much length, speed and balance. This is finally the year John Calipari gets his championship.
* * *
1. Kentucky (32-2) vs. 16. Miss. Valley/W. Kentucky: Anthony Davis leads one of the nation's best defenses, averaging 4.6 blocks per game. The only Kentucky weaknesses are perimeter shooting and experience.
8. Iowa State (22-10) vs. 9. UConn (20-13): Which UConn team shows up? The one that nearly upset Syracuse twice in the last 17 days? Or the one that lost eight of 11? Iowa State has the firepower to compete.
5. Wichita St. (27-5) vs. 12. VCU (28-6): This isn't the same VCU team that went to the Final Four — it doesn't shoot as well. But the Rams force a ton of turnovers. Wichita point guard Joe Ragland must handle the pressure.
4. Indiana (25-8) vs. 13. N.M. State (26-9): Tom Crean's sharpshooters exceeded expectations. But IU wasn't good away from home and it just lost Verdell Jones to injury. New Mexico State is top-5 nationally in rebounding.
6. UNLV (26-8) vs. 11. Colorado (23-11): The Buffs won four games in four days at the Pac-12 tournament. They overcome iffy offense with stingy defense. Mike Moser and UNLV prefer to run-and-gun.
3. Baylor (27-7) vs. 14. S. Dakota St. (27-7): Perry Jones III showed in Kansas City why he'll be an NBA lottery pick. But point guard Pierre Jackson runs the show. Nate Wolters leads SDSU's high-octane offense.
7. Notre Dame (22-11) vs. 10. Xavier (21-12): The Irish overachieved without Tim Abromaitis, but have dipped lately. Xavier underachieved, but Tu Holloway and Kenny Frease bring loads of NCAA experience.
2. Duke (27-6) vs. 15. Lehigh (26-7): This isn't vintage Duke — it doesn't defend well enough. But Coach K still has shooters and a playmaker in Austin Rivers. Ryan Kelly has a bad foot and must return to form.
* * *
Round of 64 winners: Kentucky, Iowa St., Wichita St., N.M. State, UNLV, Baylor, Xavier, Duke
Round of 32 winners: Kentucky, Wichita St., Baylor, Duke
Sweet 16 winners:Kentucky, Duke
Final Four bound: Kentucky
National Champion: Kentucky