An Iowa woman recently sickened after eating sprouts from Jimmy John's has filed a lawsuit accusing the sandwich chain of serving unsafe food.
Heather Tuttle filed the lawsuit Tuesday in Des Moines seeking damages for pain and suffering. Tuttle was diagnosed with E. coli poisoning after eating a Jimmy John's turkey sandwich in West Des Moines last month.
Tuttle is one of 12 people in five states whose recent E. coli illnesses have been linked to raw sprouts from Jimmy John's restaurants.
The outbreak came a year after sprouts from one of the chain's suppliers were linked to 140 salmonella illnesses. Its sprouts also were linked to a 2009 salmonella outbreak and suspected in a Colorado E. coli outbreak in 2008.
The chain had no comment on Tuttle's lawsuit.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.